The Hamilton Skills Builder 1 Student’s Book
Key features of The Hamilton Skills Builder 1 Student’s Book:
• a variety of reading texts featuring the Amazing Kids characters with level-appropriate task types that ensure students learn to read for different purposes
• pre-listening and pre-writing tasks that introduce useful theme-based vocabulary
• a variety of listening and speaking tasks, including tasks that appear in the Cambridge English: Young Learners Pre A1 Starters and A1 Movers tests
• a step-by-step approach to writing, including model compositions, writing plans and guided writing tasks
• a JUST SAY IT! feature in each unit that focuses on one aspect of English pronunciation that students often have difficulty with
• DO IT RIGHT! features in reading, writing, listening and speaking sections that clarify the focus of the skill being practised, or give students useful tips on correct English usage
The Hamilton Skills Builder 1 Teacher’s Book is a complete step-by-step guide for teachers on how to make the best use of the material in the Student’s Book. The Hamilton Skills Builder 1 Teacher’s Book contains:
• a unit plan box at the beginning of each unit summarising the contents of the unit.
• a lead-in section in every unit which provides an introduction to each unit.
• detailed instructions for all tasks.
• the keys to all tasks.
• detailed instructions for all DO IT RIGHT! features.
• extra comprehension questions for each of the reading texts.
• the recording script for all listening tasks. The words in the recording script which provide the correct answers to the listening tasks are underlined for easy reference and for teaching purposes.
• detailed instructions and the recording script for all JUST SAY IT! pronunciation features.