The All American B2 Student's Book
- engages students thanks to its thought-provoking topics and exciting visuals that reflect modern-day life and 21st century issues.
- builds on the students' existing knowledge and natural curiosity in special introductory Checkpoints.
- develops reading comprehension skills and strategies while giving students opportunities to express themselves.
- stimulates the students' attention with specially-made videos engaging learners and involving them creatively.
- builds up the students' knowledge in all lexical and grammatical areas required at B2 level.
- offers step-by-step development of listening and speaking skills, ranging from guided practice to realistic exam tasks, with extra support through Language Banks.
- provides detailed guidance on the process and requirements of effective writing through systematic model analysis, appropriate language use and suitable structure, with a novel Writing Guide for support.
- develops efficient test-taking skills thanks to the comprehensive Exam Strategy sections and helpful Tips.
- enables students to recycle language and evaluate their progress in special B2 Practice tasks and dedicated Exam Practice sections in each unit.
- provides a comprehensive learning framework that ensures success in any B2 examination in American English.
The All American B2 Companion is a useful tool for learners needing support with learning, consolidating and expanding their knowledge and use of vocabulary.
The Companion includes:
• all words and expressions in the Student’s Book that students would need to learn or revise, listed in order of appearance.
• an accurate definition of each word or expression in English, related to its specific use in the Student’s Book, with phonetic transcription and translation in modern Greek.
• an example for each headword, specially written to reflect its meaning in the specific context.
• additional listing of associated words, derivatives, synonyms, opposites and special notes where useful.
• a complete Grammar Reference section in each unit, with grammar theory translated in Greek.
• extra Vocabulary and Grammar Practice sections in every unit, with exam-type tasks on the key lexical and structural items of the unit.
• an Alphabetical word list at the back of the Companion, for ease of reference.
The All American B2 Test Book offers a comprehensive scheme for assessment and progress evaluation of the key language and skills in the Student’s Book.
The Test Book includes:
• ten Quizzes, one for each unit in the Student’s Book, testing all key vocabulary and grammar areas.
• five Progress Tests, one for every two units in the Student’s Book, including exam-type tasks on vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing.
• a Mid-Year Test and an End-of-Year Test, evaluating student progress through exam-type tasks on vocabulary, grammar, listening, reading, and writing.
All Quizzes and Tests come complete with a ready-for-use marking scheme. Score sheets are also included